A golf bag is an essential accessory that allows you to carry your beloved golf clubs around the course conveniently. A pro golfer knows the importance of proper golf bag maintenance. Not taking care of the golf bag can cause your golf clubs to wear down easily, especially if you have packed all your stuff in the basement and are waiting for the next golf season to begin.
Here are a couple of simple tips that can come in handy while cleaning your golf bag.
How To Clean Your Golf Bag
Follow these steps to clean your golf bag thoroughly:
- Remove all the contents from your bag
- Next, depending on the material, lightly spray water all over the bag
- Mix mild soap in some warm water and use a clean cloth or a soft rag to scrub the bag clean
- Continue scrubbing gently and be careful not to rub too hard or else you can damage the embroidery on the bag
- After this, use a hose to rinse the bag thoroughly with clean water and look for any stubborn stains
- If there are any stubborn stains, try using a stain remover. Spray the solution over the stain, allowing it to rest for a minute. You may use a soft rag to gently scrub and get rid of the stain (again, be careful not to scrub the golf bag too hard).
- Once the bag is clean, allow it dry overnight or in a shaded area
- You may use a vinyl protectant to bring out an extra shine if your golf bag is made using vinyl
Don’t Let The Bag Dry In The Sun
You may think about leaving the golf bag under the sun to speed up the drying process, but don't, because leaving the golf bag in the sun can cause its color to fade. Allow the bag to dry in a shaded area overnight to prevent damage to the material.
Shape Up Your Golf Bag
If your golf bag is out of shape for any reason, now your opportunity reshape it. Just fill the pockets with towels or any other kind of similar material. However, be careful not to go overboard as this can damage the zippers.
Clean Your Golf Wedges Before Putting Them In The Bag
After a long day at the course, your golf wedges are likely to have collected dirt, debris, and grime. To prevent damage to your expensive golf bag, use a clean cloth to wipe off the excess dirt on the clubs. After you clean the clubs, you don't have to worry about the bag collecting dirt.
These are just a few tips you should keep in mind while cleaning your golf bags. Good luck!